Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm Back

I haven't posted here in a *long* time (life was crazy for a bit), but I'm hoping to get this rolling again.

New change is that Reshen is in daycare, so weekday lunches and snacks are not provided by me. I'll still blog about what he does eat at home though.

And remember, if you have any tips or suggestions for toddler food, leave a comment. I'd love for this to become a place for sharing food ideas :-)

What Reshen ate today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal/Carrot Muffin (see recipe below), water

Pre-dinner snack: Juice and goldfish crackers

Dinner: Veggie/Chicken Rice (boxed variety), chicken quesadilla, half of a peach, water

Oatmeal Carrot Muffin Recipie

1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. oatmeal
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 toddler size jar carrot baby food

Combine dry ingredients (first 7), then add moist ingredients, stir by hand only until mixture is moist. Do not over stir. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments: